Tuesday, January 29

Time

Time is an odd thing. Minutes can seem as long as hours and then speed past in the blink of an eye. Right now, time is extremely important to me as I write my dissertation...I need as much as I can get! There are days when I am working on my dissertation when the hours crawl by and I sit there counting my lucky stars for the "extra time." Then there are days when I sit down to write and time flies by so quickly that it's 3 a.m. before I know it. Of course, those times typically correspond to me fighting with Excel 2007 and it's tendency to crash every 5 minutes when all I want to do is copy and paste some graphs into Word.

I just got back from an interesting trip to Denver. I was out of Texas for about 30 hours but it felt as if I had been gone for 2 weeks. What's that all about? Seriously, I felt as if I had not seen anyone for a long time. Plus, I had a plethora (I just love that word and don't use it enough) of emails waiting for me upon my return...and it's not like I hadn't been checking it either.

Plus, there are months where I swear that we just skip entire weeks...like there is no way that it's almost February. But on the other hand, the fall semester seems like it was years ago. And how long have I been in Austin? Feels like forever! Arggh!

Anyway, time amuses me...and angers me. And I felt like sharing that with my faithful readers...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

There will be a birthday run to Candelari's and perhaps St. Arnold's Brewery in a couple weeks if you need to get out of Austin...

Jeff said...

I like the part about not checking your e-mail : )