Wednesday, January 23

As Requested...

A picture of my "scary heater," which is only used for temperature emergencies:


It does not look very imposing but open flame makes me nervous. I think Fred even burned his ear on it. But this is the only thing sometimes between me (and perhaps Fred...but he has fur!!) and hypothermia...although my down comforter allows me to sleep quite comfortably in 30-degree temperatures (did I mention that I have like zero insulation?). Lighting the heater is fun too...I have to let gas flow for 30 seconds and then ignite it. I pray I don't blow myself up while I'm at it.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

We merely suspected that strange mark on Fred's ear was a burn from the heater...there was no evidence.

Christy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christy said...

Another possible explanation for the marks on Fred's ear: frostbite. But the evidence for that is merely circumstantial...

Nodine said...

I don't think it's frostbite. Sorry guys....Texas isn't THAT cold. THanks for the lovely picture of the heater though. Ahh, the memories. I still can't believe sometimes that you were brave enough to live in that apartment. More thoughts about the cold: I seem to recall one day back in Springfield, Missouri when I asked Christy if cold weather is bad for computers. And she said, No, it's actually good for them! So that was happy news. Because it meant if I ever "forgot" my computer in my car overnight, or was too "lazy" to bring it in at 9 pm when I got home and was leaving at 7 the next morning to go to work...or a little of both....then my computer would be fine. So. This morning when I got in my car the temperature was 14 degrees. I didn't hink much of it. BUt I got to work and turned on my computer...and it's acting like cold molasses! (If cold molasses could do things like allow me to write documents and look at websites.) It takes forever to open stuff and it has like a 5 second delay on everything I type. I hope it warms up or I won't get any work done today. THANKS CHRISTINE!!)

(Okay...I do realize that Christine was not endorsing leaving your computer in the car overnight in 14-degree temps....but you should know that I take what you say quite seriously, especially when it comes to electronics!)

P.S. I am curious to see what rude comment someone posted about your heater that you had to veto.

P.P.S. The typing response is getting better by the minute, so no worries.

P.P.P.S. This is like the longest comment EVER.

Christy said...

I vetoed myself. I accidentally pushed the wrong button on the Comments page and didn't know how to undo it. :-) But rude comments will not be tolerated...especially about my heater!

Anonymous said...

I personnally like your heater...nothing like open flames, but then again I'm a pyro.

Brian