So some random thoughts/comments:
1) One thing I've been putting off lately is I have this whole watch issue. I usually buy a new watch once the battery runs out because...well, it's sorta my thing. Well, when my last watch battery died, I was unhappy with the available selection at the time (ugly and trendy and the sort). So I thought I would just buy a cheap Target watch. It lasted for a bit but it decided to attack me. Gave me a rash. I threw it away, of course, and subsequently went watchless for a month (I got really tired of looking at my wrist seconds before I realized it was futile). I decided that I would use my new found freedom to actually break down and replace the batteries in all of my old watches (4 or so, although I think some are hiding). Unfortunately, only two worked with the new batteries. But now I have a working watch again...two watches even. That'll do until my favorite brand of watch gets un-trendy and pretty again.
2) Driving home today after a run with Carrie, I passed a sign on I-70 flashing info on upcoming construction. I don't remember the details because I really wasn't paying close attention to the sign (I think I was passing at the time). But the glimpse I caught of it made me think I was imaging things so I looked again. "4-11-11 THREW 6-1-11" Seriously, I wish I could've taken a picture. I know typos are common on those things but it was the first one I've ever seen myself. It amused me deeply.
3) In the midst of a particularly stress-filled week, I decided to buy a new cell phone to cheer me up a little: EVO 4G. Denver has some Sprint 4G and Best Buy had a white color option and nothing coming out anytime soon this year appealed to me (3D phones now? Really??). It's got a 4.3 inch screen...way too big but I'm getting used to it. It has a kickstand for when you watch movies and stuff but it's more of a novelty to me...don't think I will ever use it. By the way, I tried the whole 4G experience just once...at a Rockies game. OMG, it is very fast. Watched the last seconds of a Final Four game live streaming over 4G. Crazy, I tell you. Don't use it much though...drains the battery, but it's still very cool. Oh and the phone has a fast processor...I can take a picture so fast, it's actually worth it to try and pull it out for a quick shot.
4) Woohoo!! It's baseball season! Go Rockies (and Astros even if it's a rebuilding year...again)!
5) Going through my old phone, I found this picture (kinda fuzzy...sorry) I took during my first trip to ER...while I was still able to be amused by hospital stuff. It made me giggle. Of course, later it wasn't so funny...well sorta.


3 comments:
You're back!!!
Welcome back to earth...or internet space rather. We've missed you. :)
So glad you're back. Great shot of the ballpark. The pain scale though brings back bad memories...
Post a Comment