Tuesday, February 22

February Blues

I'm sure you've noticed that I haven't been posting in February.  At first, it was just my laziness and busyness that was keeping me away.  The month that I love to hate was looking to be a good one.  I had a birthday happy hour and birthday visit to Dave & Busters on the calendar.  I was really looking forward to these events.  Maybe for once, February wouldn't suck.

And then everything fell apart.  Valentine's Day was a miserable day (not that I liked it all that much in the first place), sandwiched between two trips to the ER.  I had to have emergency surgery before my birthday and, for the rest of the month, I will spend recovering from said surgery.  Happy hour and Dave & Busters plans - cancelled.  At least I was feeling better for my birthday and my mom was with here to take care of me.

And so the month of February has once again been my undoing.  I will try not to be bitter about it next year...but no promises.  At this point, I think my birth-month owes me big time.  $1 million?  Or something...  Seriously, what did I ever do to make a month so angry with me?  I just want to have my birthday happy hour, even if it's in a belated fashion.  I guess that may be asking for too much.  March, you cannot get here fast enough.

Anyhoo, I promise that I am doing ok now.  Healing and happy.  And Fred is loving the company.  Plus I have awesome friends and family that showered me with love, cards, stuffed animals and flowers.  Love you guys!

No comments: