A few weeks ago, when I was considering blogging again, I was going through all of my old posts...starting from the beginning, naturally. And while perusing the New Orleans stuff, I realized I was looking for a picture that I swore I posted. But I did not find it... I must admit I was a little confused by this because it was one of my favorite pictures from our adventures. So I am correcting this oversight right here and now by posting this beauty:
The reason why I like it so much is that it's actually a decent picture of me but I really can't use it for anything because I have a huge-ass beer bottle in my lovely hands.
This picture also made me remember how I tried to wrestle this monster of a beer bottle away from it's rightful owner on the way back to the car. And how I was defeated by the beer bottle cap when it tore open my thumb...still have a scar. The best part was trying to find a band-aid and antibiotic cream so it wouldn't get infected. They apparently didn't have anything at the shelter where we were staying. I think I tracked down one, singular band-aid. And then the next day, I had to worry about the New Orleans goo seeping in and killing me through my one and only band-aid. But that little guy hung in there and kept me safe...I live still.
Ahhh good times...

3 comments:
Who was its rightful owner?
Ken
Yes, I was thinking what a great photo of you that was too...and I do love the big beer bottle...tells me something about you ;-)
Post a Comment