I realized that I had forgotten a couple of things that I wanted to share, including what I think are cool pics. So I hope this post will take care of my oversights.
- The North Island has volcanoes. I believe they are active ones. One was really impressive and I tried to take a picture in the car on the way back from our canoe trip. I would've asked to stop so I could get a better one but we were trying to catch our flight. I decided to take a crappy pic and then crop and zoom my way into a decent pic of the volcano. But please don't ask me the name of the darn thing... Oh and from the original photo, you can see that the land is more bumpy than the South Island - very interesting, indeed.
 |
| Crappy-ish Volcano Picture (Original) |
 |
| Decent Volcano Picture (Cropped & Zoomed) |
- There were also some cool ferns that were more like palm trees.
- And my mom pointed out that my sarcasm in my blog may have come across as harsh, particularly towards my dear travel buddy, Mary. Although I believe I was equally harsh on myself, I am posting the following picture to make up for any slights (this is how pathetic I was at the end of that darn hike!):
- And finally, for some reason, I am a big fan of pictures of paths (there's probably some psycho-babble something or other that likely explains my fascination/obsession...but whatever). I have already posted some (see the ice stairs or the stairs on the Mueller Hut hike) but there were more. So, I leave you with these:
 |
| Footprints in the coarse sand...still path-like and totally not cheesy. |
 |
| This one really could've gone with the fern bullet... |
 |
| Another bridge...these things are cool! |
1 comment:
Any previous slights were not noticed....I've enjoyed your posts! I'll make sure not to re-read in case I get offended. :)
Post a Comment