Howdy, my friends! I really need to just get this out of the way, check it off the list, etc. So here are pics from Halloween 2010.
Stefano and Carrie threw a Halloween party at their place. They go all out with the decorations, which I really appreciate. I helped shop for some and Stefano's family provided an ample supply of decorations. They even had candy corn. Plus Carrie is awesome and made Jello shots.
 |
| Ahhh Halloween, how I love you... |
So like I told you before, my approach to Halloween costumes does not always translate but I have fun trying to put something together. This year (yikes! I mean, 2010), I was looking for ideas online and came across the perfect thing for me: Daphne from Scooby Doo! I have had this whole obsession (or maybe it's a personality oddity) for a while now where, when I giggle, half the time I hear the Scooby Doo laugh in my head. So much that I got an Android app that allowed me to make the Scooby Doo laugh the ringtone for my text messages. So now whenever you text me, I hear the Scooby Doo laugh, which makes me smile every single time. All of this to say that Daphne was an obvious choice for me...particularly because I often wish I was a red-head. But I couldn't just buy a ready-made costume...and yes, there were some available. So I bought a red wig, found a purple dress, bought some purple shoes and some scarves to complete my outfit. Oh and of course, to make it extremely obvious who I was, I got myself a Scooby Doo companion. How do you think it turned out?

Stefano and Carrie were characters from Mad Men, which I still haven't seen. I believe Stefano was Don Draper and Carrie was Joan Harris, though don't ask me anything about what that actually means. But I've seen pictures from the show and I think they did a good job with their costumes. And the drink in Stefano's hand is part of the costume...convenient, if you ask me.
Charles went as an Observer from Fringe. Coincidentally, Blossom was thinking about being Olivia Dunham from Fringe but second-guessed herself and went as a pumpkin instead. Too bad...it would've been epic!
 |
Although this pose is not particularly in character (but Molly is soooo small and cute!),
Charles was a pretty good Observer most of the night. |
 |
| Scooby Dooby Doo! |
Amanda and Eric were Guitar Hero rockstar and Good Luck Bear (Care Bears are awesome!), respectively.
 |
| We care!! |
Ed, one of Stefano's best friends from Illinois, was visiting for the weekend. His costume was some jester-type horror costume thing, which came with a skeletal face mask. He actually only donned the mask briefly, during which time he scared the then-new puppy Molly so much that she peed on the floor and hid in the corner for quite a while. Poor Molly...
 |
| See, Molly...Ed's not so scary without the mask. |
And finally...group shot!!
Happy Halloween...a little belated, I know. But apparently that's my style these days...at least when it comes to my blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment