I love Election Day! That means that get to plant myself in front of the television with the plethora of networks providing minute to minute coverage. That's exactly what I am doing right now. Got CNN on with their fancy graphics. These people crack me up. I am just happy that it's the real thing now. It got kind of annoying with the 2 year long campaign season...seriously, I started tuning out the news of the presidential race after the primaries. It's all finally going to end! And so will Bush's presidency. Too bad we have to wait until January for the new president to be sworn in. Oh well, what's a couple of months compared to 8 years ~?~ (by the way, what do you think of ~?~ as a rhetorical question mark? Does it work?) Anyhoo, I am excited to see how it all ends.
I wonder if this race is as close as the media is portraying it. I just don't feel that I can trust them. I guess only time will tell. I shouldn't try to hurry it. I should savor the night. Ok...can I be more cheesy? or obsessive? Have I ever told you how disappointed I was when I realized that would be 17 during the 1996 elections? That I couldn't vote until I was 21? Well it's true. What a travesty! And darn it, Bush won every election I voted in. Grrr! Now do you understand why I am so excited?
HA!! CNN has a graphic and music (a big to-do) for declaring a projected winner. Cracks me up. I love this stuff.
1 comment:
Catching up on your blog....I think you are more obsessive about the elections than me LOL!
Post a Comment