Today, I tried...somewhat unsuccessfully because I tend to botch all cliches...to use the phrase "waxing philosophical." The question is why in the world did that phrase pop into my head on this night? I have never attempted to use that particular phrase before. But I realized, as I was trying to get it right (you know, "I was just waxing, umm...philosophy, er...I mean philosopically, philosophical"), that I kind of liked it. So much that I had to run right out and inform my devoted readers.
Are there any phrases you wished you could use more often or that make you smile inside when you do get to use them? (Please tell me that I am not the only dork in the world who loves the quirks of our language!)
3 comments:
The title sounded so much more promising :-)
I prefer to totally obliterate our language during class, making up words like homogeneity as I go...hmm thats the only one I can think of right now...but trust me I make up a lot.
I make up a lot of words too! Although I thought homogeneity was an actual word...I have heard it before. But I made up the word "concisivity" last week. Like it?
Hmmm...I'll have to try to fit that one in class tomorrow.
Post a Comment