I decided that it was time to decorate my place for Christmas. I had been really looking forward to doing this when I got back from my vacation, with full intention of decorating as soon as I got back. You see, my folks are coming to see me for Christmas and, since I was gone over Thanksgiving, I was feeling a little confused as to what time of year it was...so it became imperative that I decorate. But then upon returning, I immediately caught the cold from hell, and all of my plans took a backseat. So this weekend, it was finally time to haul everything up from the garage. And so I did...
I have a little 4-foot tree that fits my place just fine. I put it up and got it all decorated...and then tragedy struck. The cheap plastic stand broke and my tree fell down. I was very distraught and went to bed to avoid becoming too depressed about my failed decorating effort.
However, things looked much brighter the next morning. I woke up with ideas to fix my little tree, with potential engineered solutions...it is what I do and who I am, after all. I decided to make my own tree stand. I went to Home Depot and I started looking through the aisles for something that would make good legs for my tree stand. I came across a Home Depot worker who was very supportive of my idea. He showed me some metal brackets that were exactly what I was looking for. Plus they were cheap! I bought some screws and some new drill bits and went home to bring my idea to life. And here it is...
It's not perfect...I actually feel I could've done better, but it's not falling over so it'll do. And it kept me from needing to buy a new tree. Anyhoo, Merry Christmas!


1 comment:
It looks beautiful! I am so proud of you, my engineer-friend. :)
Post a Comment