to Hong Kong, of course! I will return in early June and I hope to have many stories to tell and lots of pictures (taken from my new camera...to be purchased in HK) to show you. I am excited. This should be great. I could use a break from my dissertation and from the crazy-ness of my life right now (remind me to tell you the story of the spectacular Austin hail storm sometime...it's a good one).
Oh yeah, and I "graduated" and got a not-a-diploma...leave it to the university to take all the fun out of graduating in August by letting you walk before you are done. But I enjoyed dressing up in the doctoral garb. A graduating undergrad spouted "they look Renaissance Fair-ish" as she walked past us PhDs. I hope to have fabulous pictures from that glorious day as well, when I return (remind me if I don't remember to post that as well).
Anyhoo, miss me lots and maybe I will bring you something back from Hong Kong. I plan on shopping and eating...a lot. :-D
Peace out!
2 comments:
Undergrads are idiots! You did not look Renaissance Fair-ish - you looked academic...and doctoral (not sure it that's a word) but I'm sticking to it.
PS They were just jealous of your cool non-a-flat-hat.
PPS I had to delete and repost due to my neurotic spelling...
Post a Comment