Friday, March 28

Wow!

I didn't realize how long it's been since I posted something. But it has been a couple of weeks. I have been largely absorbed in finishing up my dissertation...which I did. Well at least enough to where I could give to my advisor to review and tell me how stupid I am. Just kidding...I hope! Anyhoo, after giving it to him, I all of sudden felt bored. That's the best way to describe it. I felt like I should be doing something. I knew I didn't want to tweak my dissertation but I couldn't think of anything else to do. With the effects of the writers' strike still lingering around, I couldn't just sit and watch TV. I decided to pop in some Netflix movies and organize my bills and reconcile my bank account and file my nails. Oh and pack for my next interview. I know, exciting stuff...right? I hope that I will be less boring some day. But right now, it's just nice to have time to clean my apartment.

Up next: getting offers for jobs, setting a date for my defense, and having several panic attacks whenever I think beyond next week.

Cool stuff in my life: I get to house-sit (and animal-sit) for one of my friends' family members for two weeks. This is a really sweet deal. They have to most awesome house and fun gadgets. They have a gorgeous pool and hot tub. And a Wii hooked up to a huge HDTV. And a stocked fridge and freezer, as well as beer fridge by the pool and a wine room too. I will thoroughly enjoy those two weeks...living the dream. ;-)

Ok...so enough blabbering. I just wanted to post something. Every time I think of something to post, I forget it by the time I get time to post. I will try to do better...but I am sure you understand, dissertation and all.

No comments: