Thursday, June 7

It's been awhile...

Close to 5 months, I know. I've been busy!

I am getting my first taste of what writing my dissertation will be like. I have spent the last week or so pushing myself to finish my dissertation proposal. This is my first step to graduating...of course, this should've been done long ago since this is supposed to be done in the second year. Aside: I can't believe I am closing in on 4 years!! I sooooo need to get out of school, but I will miss the schedule flexibility. :-)

As for writing, I don't know what it is, but writing comes much more easily after about 11 pm...of course, that's also after a nice pot of coffee around 9 or 10 pm. :-) I feel like I have been writing forever and I only have about 27 pages so far with a lot of it, like background info, written long before now. However, substance is better than quantity. I have been doing a lot of brain-storming on the side. It's definitely making me think about my research more than I usually do, which somewhat embarrassing to admit. My colleagues seem like they are always thinking, always brain-storming. Things like this make me wonder if I am doing the right thing, if I am in the right place. I guess we'll find out. My comprehensive exam, second of 3 oral exams required to graduate with a PhD, is scheduled for July 2. This will be when I find out if my research is worth anything and how much stuff I have to do before I graduate. As you can imagine, I am nervous as heck. Pray for me!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I know this post has been up for a month (which also shows how busy I've been) however, just to add...don't worry about updating when you're super busy.

Jeff said...

Christine, you better have a sweet Arkansas Blog when you get back : )
much love, Jeff