I must admit that I am not all that creative in my costume ideas. However, many of my fellow grad students are VERY creative and very skillful at making their own costumes (sewing is not in my skill set). Here are some of the get-ups we donned for this wonderful holiday:
First up, we have the communists: Dave as Fidel Castro and Cristiana as a white Russian (like the drink...she even had the drink recipe on her back!).

And the so-called "religious sect": Ranjiv the monk, me (I was dressed up as a somewhat rebellious but conservative Catholic school girl...NOT Britney) and Albert as Moses (as indicated by the parted Red C...get it? Parting of the Red Sea! Albert's so clever!).

Then there's Ken in the shower and his girlfriend, Kristen, the Christmas Elf:

And of course, Mary who dressed up as a cockroach (note the long antennae) and somehow made it cute instead of revolting. In this picture, she is depicting how cockroaches appear to her...looking like they are about to pounce on you while growling. I don't remember cockroaches growling but it has been awhile since I've seen one. An aside: people kept guessing that she was a lady bug...she's not even wearing red! Crazy people.

John made a tank (think military) with the license plate "Tanked" from supplies around the lab (wonder what our advisor would think about that); however, the picture cannot be shown for the sake of decency and the unfortunate positioning of the gun barrel.
Here's pic showing Kimberly's fabulous costume of Dr. Egon Spengler, Ghostbuster extraordinaire! She even had business cards! I made sure to sic her on the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man we ran across at one of the bars.

Group shot of those who endured the extra hour of fun on 6th St...what troopers we are!
Well, I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween! Enjoy the pics!
No comments:
Post a Comment