Friday, September 8

"Filtered Drinking Water"

What goes through your mind when you here those words? Refreshing and good-tasting water, perhaps? What would you think if you were drinking this filtered drinking water from a can? Still good and refreshing? You would be wrong! Camp Hope had tons of this water and in orientation, they told us to drink lots of it. Usually the first can would be ok because you had coffee or food with it. Later, when you were just parched and didn't want to pass out from dehydration (we never really got that close but still...), it didn't taste so good. I don't know what the flavor was...chlorine, perhaps, and lots of it. It made your stomach hurt. It also ruined my taste buds so that when I was drinking good bottled water, it still tasted like that canned water. I guess you would get used to it but thank goodness we weren't there that long! It made me very happy to get back to drinking Austin's city water.

The best part about the water was the can. Check it out! (Thanks goes out to Tony for modeling the can.) It just made me laugh. It's like in the comics...you know, with boxes that say "Cereal" or bags that say "Chips" or cans that just say "Beer" except these say "Filtered Drinking Water." So funny! Ok...maybe I need to get out more.

No comments: